Toddler/Older Child Adoption
- Toddler Adoption: The Weaver’s Craft by Mary Hopkins-Best. Great information.
- Our Own: Adopting and Parenting the Older Child by Trish Maskew
- Adopting the Older Child by Claudia L. Jewett. Written in 1979 but still relevant.
- Adopting a Toddler: What Size Shoes Does She Wear? by Denise Harris Hoppenhauer. Offers great insight and practical advice for those preparing to adopt a toddler.
- Nurturing Adoptions - Creating Resilience after Neglect and Trauma by Deborah Gray. Anything by Deborah Gray is great. On our show she said this book was primarily written for adoption professionals, but I think adoptive parents will find a lot of useful information as well.
- The Connected Child: Bring Hope and Healing to Your Adoptive Family by Karyn B. Purvis, David R. Cross, and Wendy Lyons Sunshine
- Parenting Your Older Adopted Child By Brenda McCreight. Good overview!
- Another Place at the Table by Kathy Harrison--I loved this book. It is the true life tale of one foster family and is very well written. I couldn’t put it down.