Toddler/Older Child Adoption
- Toddler Adoption: The Weaver's
Craft by Mary Hopkins-Best. Great information. The author was
interviewed on the
Creating a Family radio show.
- Siblings in Adoption and Foster Care: Traumatic Separations and Honored Connections by Deborah N. Silverstein and Susan Livingston Smith- This book is a comprehensive resource on issues facing siblings during foster care or adoption- both biological and adopted.
- Our Own: Adopting and Parenting the Older
Child by Trish Maskew
- Adopting the Older Child by Claudia L.
Jewett- Written in 1979 but still relevant.
- Adopting a Toddler: What Size Shoes Does She
Wear? by Denise Harris Hoppenhauer- Offers great insight
and practical advice for those preparing to adopt a
- Nurturing Adoptions - Creating Resilience
after Neglect and Trauma by Deborah Gray- Anything by
Deborah Gray is great. On our show she said this book was
primarily written for adoption professionals, but I think adoptive
parents will find a lot of useful information as well.
- The Connected Child: Bring Hope and Healing
to Your Adoptive Family by Karyn B. Purvis, David R. Cross,
and Wendy Lyons Sunshine
- Parenting Your Older Adopted
Child By Brenda McCreight- Good
- Another Place at the Table by Kathy
Harrison- I loved this book. It is the true life tale of one
foster family and is very well written. I couldn't put it