- Week’s Best Pic: I Told You to Stop Throwing Your Duck or You’d Get Time-Out
I know, I know, borderline inappropriate, but didn’t it make you giggle?
- OK, this may be unfair to the rest of us who post our humble adoption videos online since we aren’t Katherine Heigl (actor) and Josh Kelley (musician), but it was just too good to pass up. You must watch this music /adoption video for Josh Kelley’s wonderful song “Only You” about his 3-year-old daughter, Naleigh, adopted from South Korea. Great song, great video, total feel good experience. It was directed by mom Heigl.
- People seem to have such strong unyielding opinions on the topic of whether it is ever appropriate to select the gender of your child that it is often hard to have a discussion. This article, Sex selection is a complex issue with many nuances, explores the topic well. I also recommend the Creating a Family show we did on Gender Selection When Trying to Conceive.
- Why I Chose To Stop Preaching Adoption. I loved this post/article in the Huffington Post because it shows the evolution in parenting from being an adoptive parent to being a parent. The mom adoptsed “older kids” (4 and 5) and for the first several years sings the praises of older child adoption to all who would listen, but gradually stops. She stops “preaching” not because the bloom is off the adoption rose, but because she’s grown past identifying as an adoptive family. She explains it better than I do, so check out the article.
- Do These Embryos Make the Grade? The details of embryo grading may seem a bit dry, but it is important if you’re going through IVF, and this blog did a good job of explaining the details. It’s a fast and easy read, so don’t be put off by the topic. The blog was written for the embryo donation audience, but the info is equally useful for the average IVF patient, if there is such a thing.