Music has the ability to transform us—to take us away from the rabbit trails in our mind, to inspire us, to restore our hope. Every adoptive parent or would be adoptive parents needs this on occasion.
We asked for suggestions from the Creating a Family community, and the song suggested most often was God Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts.
What song inspired you while you waited and as you parent? What song makes you think about your child’s birth parents? Does your kiddo have a favorite adoption song? Here are the runners up from our survey, ranked in order.
Songs For Waiting Adoptive Parents
- I Will Wait by Mumford and Sons
- Wonder by Kellie Pickler
- Home by Phillip Phillips
- Just Haven’t Met You Yet by Michael Buble
- I Won’t Give Up by Jason Mraz’s
Songs For Adoptive Parents
- A Thousand Years- Christina Perri (from the movie Twilight)
- Lullaby by The Dixie Chicks
- When Love Takes You In by Stephen Curtis Chapman
- Naleigh Moon by Josh Kelley (I LOVE this one)