Tips for Selecting a Fertility Tourism Concierge Service/ Reproductive Tourism Company
- How long have they been in business?
- How many cycles have they facilitated of the type you will be using? IVF, egg donation, surrogacy? What percentage of their business is IVF, egg donation, or surrogacy?
- In what countries do they work?
- How often do they visit the clinics with which they work?
- Will they be your primary contact during the process or will you work directly with the international fertility clinic?
- How much is the average cost of the procedure you are considering? What is the maximum and minimum cost? What factors influence cost?
- Have they verified the credentials of the reproductive endocrinologist and embryologists in the infertility clinics that they work with?
- Do they have any legal actions against them? Their answer may be hard to verify since the suit could be filed in any number of courts or even in another country. You can try Googling this information or contacting the attorneys general office in the state where they are doing business. The National Association of Attorneys General lists contact information for each state.
- Ask for references from clients that have had a successful cycle and from clients who have not been successful. Also get references on the service by posting on infertility forums online asking if others have used this service and what was their experience. Check with the Better Business Bureau where they are located about any complaints filed against them.
- It is helpful to interview more than one.
Image Credit: Hôtel de Crillon