How To Choose An Egg Donor
February 24, 2010 Creating a Family radio show
The world of egg donation is scary and confusing.
How much information is available on potential donors, what factors
are important, how do you decide? Our guests to discuss egg
donation were Theresa M. Erickson, an attorney who practices
exclusively in the areas of family formation, surrogacy, egg and
sperm donation and embryo donation; Nancy Block, a co-founder
of the Donor Network Alliance (DNA), an online service of compiling
many different donor agencies with over 5,000 donors.
- How much information is available on egg donors?
- What type of screening should be done on egg donors?
Psychological, personal medical, family medical?
- Can it be determined how well the donor will stimulate and how
many eggs will be produced before you choose?
- Do you have to be RH compatible with your donor?
- Where is the best place to find an egg donor?
- Are egg donor agencies licensed?
- How important is the age of the donor?
- How much does it cost to use an egg donor?
- Do the intended parents who are paying for an egg donor, pay
even if the cycle is cancelled?
- What happens if the donor only produces a few eggs?
- How many times can a donor donate?
- Can the egg donor be contacted in the future in case of a