Highlights from June 24, 2009 Creating a Family radio show
What is Endometriosis? My guest is Dr. Dan C. Martin, a reproductive endocrinologist, endometriosis researcher, President of the Fertility Institute, and Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center. Easy to understand explanation of endometriosis.
- How common is endometriosis?
- Symptoms of endometriosis, including the less common symptoms of endometriosis.
- What causes endometriosis?
- Can environmental toxins cause endometriosis?
- Is early detection of endometriosis important?
- The stages of endometriosis and what they mean and don’t mean.
- What type of doctor should treat endometriosis?
- Are woman with endometriosis more prone to cancer?
- Endometriosis and infertility.
- What percentage of woman with endometriosis will be infertile?
- Does infertility increase depending on what stage of endometriosis you have?
- How does endometriosis affect fertility?
- Does treatment for endometriosis increase your chances of getting pregnant?
- If you have endometriosis how long should you try to conceive before seeing a specialist?
- What is the best way to treat endometriosis?
- Is there a cure for endometriosis?
- What are the chances that endometriosis will return after treatment?
- Will pregnancy cure endometriosis?
- What is the role of hysterectomies in treating or curing endometriosis?
- What alternative treatment options have been effective for endometriosis?
- What is the biggest misunderstanding or misconception about endometriosis?
For more information be sure to check out our CAF Video on Endometriosis