Raising Adopted Kids-- What
Parents Need to Know
Highlights from December 2, 2009 Creating a Family radio
What are the key elements to successful adoptive parenting. Our
guest was Sherrie Eldridge, author of the new book, Twenty
Things Adoptive Parents Need to Succeed.
- How to talk with kids about their adoption
- How to share really difficult birth parent history with
children. Our guest, Sherrie Eldridge, found out during her reunion
with her birth mother that she was conceived after a rape. She
shared with us how this made her feel and how adoptive parents can
handle this information.
- What should adoptive parents do if their children are not
interested in talking about adoption?
- Mixed emotions about adoption are very common and they
sometimes express themselves in unusual ways.
- The overwhelming need of most adopted persons.
- Who is the “real” parent of adopted kids?