Name of Service Provider: Independent Adoption Center
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone #: 1-800-877-6736
Locations: Concord, CA / Los Angeles, CA / Raleigh, NC / Tucker, GA / Indianapolis, IN / Houston, TX / NewYork, NY
Facebook: Independent Adoption Center
Twitter: IAC Adoption
You Tube: Open Adoption
Blog: Open Adoption Blog
- Professional counseling and support groups for birthparents during the open adoption process and after placement—including grief and loss counseling.
- Professional counseling and support groups for adoptive parents during all phases of the process.
- Adoptive parent home studies and updates.
- Birthparents relinquishments.
- Post-placement supervision.
- Interstate compact work for out-of-state birthparents.
- Finalization reports six months after birth.
- National, regional and local community outreach and advertising, directed towards birthparents, social service professionals and other referral sources.
The mission of the Independent Adoption Center (IAC) is to provide open adoption placement and counseling to birth and adoptive families to ensure that every child grows up feeling loved and supported.
We are the TRUSTED leader in open adoption since 1982. We are the largest, oldest, and most experienced open adoption agency in the country, facilitating adoptions in 49 states, and fully licensed in California, Indiana, Georgia, North Carolina, and Texas.
We have a professional staff of EXPERIENCED social workers. The IAC consists of professional and licensed social workers with Masters of Social Work (MSW) degrees or higher. Kathleen Silber, the IAC’s Clinical Director, is a nationally regarded expert in the field and has advocated extensively for open adoption.
We are SUPPORTIVE throughout the entire adoption. As a nonprofit organization our main focus is on counseling and support. The IAC is committed to providing both birthparents and adoptive parents with the most comprehensive counseling support available.
We make our fees AFFORDABLE based on income. The IAC offers fees on a sliding scale correlated to your income. The average fees range from $12,000–$16,000. There is also a Federal Tax Adoption Credit that can reduce your adoption costs to as little as $4,000–$6,000.
WE HAVE NO EXCLUSIONARY POLICIES. The IAC offers birthparents the right to choose a family for their child. The IAC has no racial/ethnic, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression restrictions for prospective adoptive parents. Visit our FAQ section if you are unsure if you can adopt through the IAC.